There are 15 more days of school to go!
90 more hours of class time!
It’s not like I’m counting or anything…
Anyway, I thought I would write a post to celebrate. Here are 15 facts to celebrate the near end of another year of learning.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
- Coca-Cola would be green if coloring weren’t added.
- Right handed people, on average, live 9 years longer the left handed people.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Owls are the only bird that can see the color blue.
- It is possible to sneeze with your eyes open. (but it requires skills that I don’t possess)
- It’s against the law to burp or sneeze in a church in Nebraska.
- Earth is the only planet that isn’t named after a god.
- More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
- Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. Jars of honey have been recovered from ancient Egyptian tombs and the honey was found to be edible.
- “Rhythm” is the longest word without a vowel.
- In 1386, a pig in France was publicly executed for murdering a child.
- There is a city called Rome on every continent.
- The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham is present at every important meeting at the University of London.
- What is called a “French Kiss” in the English language is known as an “English Kiss” in France.
—Meghan Brady, May 28, 2015