14 more days of school!
That’s just 84 more hours!
I know that sounds like a lot but it will fly by!
Here are 14 facts that you might not know.
- You breathe on average about 5 million times a year.
- The largest snowflake on record is 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick.
- A ten gallon hat only holds 3/4 of a gallon.
- Out of all the words in the English language, the word, “Set” has the most definitions.
- The silkworm consumes 86,000 times its weight in just 56 days.
- The average person spends 2 weeks of their lifetime waiting for the traffic light to turn green.
- Only 38% of Americans eat breakfast everyday.
- A “jiffy” is the scientific name for 1/100 of second.
- A broken clock is right twice per day.
- The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in the court room.
- James Fixx, the man who made jogging popular in America, died of a heart attack while running.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it.
- The average lead pencil will write a line about 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
—Meghan Brady, May 29, 2015