There’s only 11 more days left of school!
That’s just 66 more hours!
- The largest known black hole has a diameter of 1 trillion km, more than 190 times the distance from the sun to Pluto.
- Dogs and elephants are the only animals that seem to instinctively understand pointing.
- Canada has fewer people than Tokyo’s Metropolitan area.
- In 2011, a small town in Spain, on the brink of financial ruin, bet on the world’s biggest lottery and won.
- Cats can swallow and digest their food without chewing it.
- The Golden Gate Bridge uses the longest cables ever made, long enough to encircle the world 3 times at the equator.
- It would take a snail more than 4,575 years to circle the Earth.
- A group of zebras is called a “Dazzle.”
- Led Zeppelin got their name from a fellow musician who had said their band would go down like a “Lead Balloon.”
- The modern Ouija board got its name by asking the board what it should be called.
The Amazon River discharges 5 times as much water as any other river on the planet.
—Meghan Brady, June 3, 2015