Now, you might see Julia’s post on Star Wars, but let me tell you, STAR TREK IS WAY BETTER! Here are some reasons on why Star Trek is so much more awesome :
- Star Trek’s movies are less confusing. Star Wars’ movies aren’t in order, and is hard to keep track on which is which. There are so many Star Wars movies now that it’s hard to remember all of them. Star Trek has only a few movies, and they are in order, which is much simpler.
- Star Wars is just space cowboys fighting. It has a too simple plot, and is so typical. Star Trek, on the other hand, makes you think. People don’t like to think when watching movies, but it’s not hard to understand. The plot makes sense, you jus have to understand everything. People hate the things they don’t understand.
- Star Trek basically predicted the future. Star Trek predicted IPads, Facetime, cell phones, and a bunch of other things. If you don’t believe me, re-watch Star Trek and you can see for yourself.
- There is more Star Trek than Star Wars. Including Star Trek : The Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space 9, and Enterprise (and soon to be 12 more movies). All of the canon runtime material is over 22 days, and Star Wars only has three movies (not counting the prequels). The total runtime in all the Star Wars movies is less than 14 hours (NOT INCLUDING THE NEWEST MOVIE). That’s not very long.
- Star Trek is created using real-world problems and recreating them. Star Trek deals with racial issues, homosexuality, death, and even AIDS. Though is was at times overdone, it still had a message to give, but Star Wars doesn’t. Did you know that the first televised mixed-racial kiss was on Star Trek? I didn’t think so.
That ends my true, factual rant. Go watch Star Trek.